Safe & Sane Fireworks
The communities of Galt and Elk Grove allow the use of Safe and Sane fireworks in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations during the Fourth of July season only. Cosumnes Fire Department recommends the following tips for Safe and Sane Fireworks use.
Disposal of Fireworks
To dispose of Safe and Sane fireworks:
- Call 916-405-7100
- Drop by a fire station during normal business hours.
To dispose of illegal fireworks, please call the Fire Marshal 916-405-7100.
Guidelines with Lighting Safe and Sane Fireworks
Remember that it is illegal for fireworks to be used by anyone under age 18. Please be vigilant and follow the guidelines below when lighting Safe and Sane fireworks this year:
- Light fireworks from the ground, not on elevated surfaces.
- Do not use fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials.
- Do not use fireworks while under a canopy, covered balcony, covered patio, or under a tree or bush.
- Never attempt to relight or "fix" fireworks.
- Used fireworks should be soaked in a bucket of water for hours to fully cool before being disposed of in the general waste.
- Regulations on the sale and use of fireworks are established by city and county codes. Check with your local jurisdiction for start and end times.
Display fireworks for large events require a permit from the Cosumnes Fire Department.