- Feature Links
- Our Department
- Fire Department Strategic Plan
Fire Department Strategic Plan
Community Driven Strategic Plan
The 2022-2027 Fire Department Strategic Plan was approved by the Board on January 19, 2022. It was developed using a community-driven strategic planning process that included input from representative groups composed of community members, City of Elk Grove personnel, City of Galt personnel, and Cosumnes CSD personnel, including members of the Fire Department. Feedback was received through community meetings, online survey, internal stakeholder meetings, and a public Board workshop.
Alignment with Cosumnes CSD Strategic Plan
This Strategic Plan incorporates the Cosumnes CSD Strategic Plan’s goals, objectives, and initiatives to ensure a District-wide decision-making approach. The Cosumnes CSD Board-adopted mission, vision, and values are supported and are aligned with the Fire Department’s guiding principles. Most importantly, this Strategic Plan creates a roadmap for the Fire Department to continue to provide exceptional services for the diverse community we serve.
Fire Department personnel will present an annual Strategic Plan Update after the end of each year to the Board. The update will outline the progress and successes, and most importantly, address goal or timeline objectives that have changed due to uncontrollable issues that have arisen since the last update.
The 2022-2027 Fire Department Strategic Plan contains a total of six strategies, 23 goals, and 121 objectives.
It is a living document and a work in progress, subject to change under evolving circumstances. The growth of the Fire Department must be accomplished responsibly to ensure that core services to the community are provided and direction is communicated to all stakeholders.
A foundational element of the 2022-2027 Fire Department Strategic Plan is the update of the Department’s mission, vision, core values and motto. The Strategic Plan Workgroup, with input from internal stakeholders and the Board, revised these guiding principles to define the purpose, intent, and focus of the Department.
- Mission: The Cosumnes CSD Fire Department saves lives and protects the community through prevention, preparedness, and emergency response in a timely, courteous, and effective manner.
- Vision: The Cosumnes CSD Fire Department will continue to be a mission-focused organization that strives for excellence, commits to its values, and serves a growing diverse community.
- Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Teamwork, Courage, Service
- Motto: “Striving to Exceed Expectations at All Times”