Benefit Zone Information
Benefit Zone 5 – Lakeside, benefits from three parks totaling 24 acres. Lakeside is fully built out with no additional parks planned. The lake is privately owned and maintained by Lakeside Community Owners Association.
The Lakeside Benefit Zone includes two local parks, Caterino and Perez, and Johnson Community Park, which includes the most high-use assets. In addition, there are 14 acres of streetscapes and trails.
Listed below are the projects staff anticipate completing in Fiscal Year 2022-2023. Projects are subject to change due to weather and/or unforeseen budgetary changes.
- The soccer field will go offline for renovation at Johnson Park.
- Landscape renovations to replace missing or poor performing plants resulting in beautified community landscape areas as needed.
- Sidewalks will be repaired or replaced throughout the zone where lifts and/or cracks pose a potential safety hazard to pedestrians.
- Irrigation upgrades will occur in streetscape areas.
- The pour in place (PIP) playground surfaces at Caterino, Johnson, and Perez Parks will be resealed.