Get Involved as a Volunteer
Cosumnes Community Services District offers a variety of opportunities for volunteers with various skills and abilities. Volunteers can assist at special events, help at the Elk Grove Bike Park, become a Partner for Parks, or participate in landscape improvement projects.
Below are listings of Cosumnes CSD volunteer opportunities as well as other community opportunities.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Emergency preparedness and disaster response training for community volunteers.
- City of Elk Grove
- Re-directs to the volunteer page for the City of Elk Grove.
- Elk Grove Bike Park
- Re-directs to the Elk Grove Bike Park Volunteers Facebook page.
- Parks Advisory Committee
- Apply to join the PAC, and provide community feedback on park operations and funding.
- Partners for Parks
- Keep parks beautiful and safe by becoming the eyes-and-ears of a park you visit often.
- Teen Committees
- Teen Action Academy (9th-12th grades) organizes service projects and creates events for teens.
- Teen Leadership Committee (7th-8th grades) develops leadership and teamwork skills.
Community Clean-Up Program
Want to help clean-up your community? Cosumnes CSD, the City of Elk Grove, and Republic Services can help! Choose a day and time that works for you and your group, then notify Cosumnes CSD. Pick-up a free clean-up kit before your event at the Cosumnes CSD Administrative Office, 8820 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove, CA 95624 (map). After you’re done, contact Cosumnes CSD, and we’ll pick up the trash! Read the Community Clean-Up Best Practices flyer (PDF) for more information.
Prior to volunteering, each individual must have a signed Hold Harmless Agreement (PDF) on file for the current calendar year. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian signature on file.