Water Play Areas
Cosumnes Parks & Recreation offers 11 parks with water play features. These parks offer a safe, interactive, and welcoming playground where children of all abilities can come and play together.
Seasons/Hours of Operation
- May through September
- Open Daily
- 10 am to 8 pm
Types of Water Play Areas
A spray ground is a recreation area for water play with little or no standing water. Features include ground nozzles, water downspouts, spray rings, spray stands, and/or dump buckets. Splash pads are small but well-designed areas with little or no standing water where water splashes up, across, and around in different directions. Our water play areas are all accessible for individuals with disabilities.
Spray Grounds /590/Derr-Okamoto-Park
- Backer Park (map)
- Derr-Okamoto Park (map) CLOSED FOR REPAIRS
- George Park (map)
- Horseshoe Park (map)
- Kammerer Park (map)
- Morse Community Park (map)
- Oasis Park (map)
- Stephenson Family Park (map)
How to Turn On the Water
- Do you know how to activate the water at your sprayground park? If not, no problem! We have put together a Water Activation Guide (PDF) just for you.
- See it in action with our sprayground video (external link).
- Water play areas are subject to closure for maintenance.
- There is no lifeguard on duty and adult supervision is advised at all times.
- Call 916-405-5688 or submit a form online to report park maintenance issues.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)